Welch Randall Property Management Screening Criteria 2015 and Application
5300 S. Adams Avenue Parkway Suite 8 Ogden, UT 84405
#801-399-5883 Phone #801-340-4811 Fax firstname.lastname@example.org
Each person 18 years of age needs to submit their own application. Applicants are reviewed on the same criteria, one person or group at a time, based on who has both paid and turned in their applications. All screening items that accompany an application must be turned in within 48 hours from when the application fees are paid, or else the applications are removed from processing. We require all income verification, valid ID, and rental history. Application fees are $40.00 per applicant, paid online or at the office, and are non- refundable. Co-signer’s must apply and are subject to the same criteria, see below. Upon approval, leases must commence within 14 calendar days. Each new lease is charged a $100.00 animal fee and $75.00 closing and processing fee that are non-refundable. All leases pay $15.95 monthly admin fee.
Resident Selection Criteria:
- Income: Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least 3.0 times the monthly rent, and enough cash flow to cover fixed expenses reflecting on the credit report (car payment, loans, credit cards, trade lines, etc.). Incomes must be verified in writing, applicant must provide recent pay stubs reflecting six months of employment. Verification of the past two landlords is required. We reserve the right to require a co‐signer and/or a higher security deposit/and or participation in the Resident Security Protection Plan. Cosigners are accepted at the Brokers discretion only, only used to assist with income and must meet all requirements, have full time employment (not retired), and must reside in the State of Utah. There is no exception to this policy.
- Self-employed applicants are required to produce upon request two (2) years of signed tax returns and IRS 1099 forms to verify income for their current self-employment.Non employed or student applicants must provide proof of income or proof of savings or reserves plus an I-9 Form verify enrollment.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain early termination of previous rental contracts, judgments, eviction filings, collections, or liens. Bankruptcy filings must have been discharged 6 calendar months prior with new credit established including Chapter 7, 11 or 13. The credit report must show a credit score. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents; however, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency upon written request so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only.
- Valid current photo ID documentation (Driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
- Rental history reports from all previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean. Previous eviction filings will result in an automatic denial. Landlord verifications must present more than 60 months of most recent rental history as long as they have rented. If they have owned, they can list that in the application.
- Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for infants under 4 years of age. No more than three (3) unrelated adults per lease agreement and dwelling.
- Animals: All assistance animals are accepted with completion of the UAA Assistance Animal Release Form. All animals require specific written permission of Management including assistance animals. Non-Assistance animals have options for coverage by Enrollment in the Resident Advantage Protection Plan will protect against $3,000 in accidental animal damage annually, and waive the deposit. Otherwise, the deposit will be $400 for each animal with a limit of 2 animals and all deposits are non-refundable. Rent is charged monthly for each animal. All but $100 is refundable if there is no damage. There is a one-time animal fee of $5s0.00 with every new lease that is non-refundable. The following animals will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPHERDS, HUSKY, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, OR ROTWEILLERS, AKITAS, MASTIFF, AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER, GREAT DANES, PRESA CANARIO, and WOLF HYBRIDS, and other restrictive breeds.
- Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application for animals. If so, you must also apply separately to such association and approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application. Residents agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the HOA and agree to pay any fines or fees accessed by the HOA for rule violations.
- Security deposits are security for faithful performance by residents of all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement and residents may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or damages, the security deposit is refundable when the resident(s) moves out of the property at the expiration of the lease term, except that $200 of the deposit is non‐refundable as an administrative fee to Management paid upon the closing of the lease agreement.
- Background checks, including a criminal history check, will be conducted. Applicants will be asked to disclose any prior convictions or pending criminal actions. Failure to disclose is grounds for denial. Pending criminal actions will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis.Management will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will not be considered. Persons who have a criminal conviction relating to drugs who have not provided evidence of completed drug rehabilitation will not be accepted nor will persons whose drug conviction relates to conviction for other than possession. Applicants should be aware that serious convictions relating to crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons will not be considered. Also, persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references. Management will evaluate the criminal history on an individualized basis which may be used as one factor in the application process. Applicants with criminal history are encouraged to properly disclose the information and to provide management with such other information as may assist in explaining the circumstances and mitigating factors of the criminal history.
We pride ourselves on equal opportunity housing and do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, source of income, sexual orientation, and sexual identity.
To apply for one of our available properties, please click on the applicable link below...