Welch Randall Property Management Screening Criteria 2015 and Application
5300 S. Adams Avenue Parkway Suite 8 Ogden, UT 84405
#801-399-5883 Phone #801-340-4811 Fax email@example.com
Each person 18 years of age needs to submit his/her own application. Applicants are reviewed on the same criteria, one person or group at a time, based on who has both paid and turned in their applications. We require all income verification, valid ID, and rental history to be turned in within 48 hours of application fee being paid to complete the screening. Application fees are $35 per applicant, paid online or at the office, and are non-refundable. Co-signer’s must apply and are subject to the same criteria, see below.
Resident Selection Criteria:
· Income: Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least 3.0 times the monthly rent, and enough cash flow to cover fixed expenses reflecting on the credit report (car payment, loans, credit cards, trade lines, etc.). Incomes must be verified in writing, applicant must provide recent pay stubs reflecting six months of employment. Verification of the past two landlords is required. We reserve the right to require a co‐signer and/or a higher security deposit/and or participation in the Resident Security Protection Plan. Cosigners are accepted at the Brokers discretion only, and must meet all requirements, have full time employment, and must reside in the State of Utah.
· Self-employed applicants are be required to produce upon request two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms to verify income for their current self-employment. Non-employed or student applicants must provide proof of income or proof of savings or reserves plus an I-9 Form verify enrollment.
· Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain early termination of previous rental contracts, judgments, eviction filings, collections, liens filed within the past 6-12 months. Bankruptcy filings must have been discharged 6 calendar months prior with new credit established. The credit report must show a credit score. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents; however, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency upon written request so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only. Background checks, including a criminal history check, will be conducted. Any drug, theft, or property damage related misdemeanors, or any felony will not be accepted.
· Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
· Rental history reports from two previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property. Previous eviction filings will result in an automatic denial. Landlord verifications must present more than 12 months of most recent rental history.
· Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for infants under 4 years of age. However, some city and county municipalities and/or homeowners associations may prohibit more than two (2) unrelated adults to reside in a single family dwelling unit. Consequently, we also prohibit the rental of a single family dwelling to more than two (2) unrelated adults.
· Pets: All medically required Pets are accepted with completion of the UAA Assistance Animal Release Form. All pets require specific written permission of Management including assistance animals. Non-Assistance animals have options for coverage by Enrollment in the Resident Advantage Protection Plan will protect against $3,000 in accidental pet damage annually, and waive a pet deposit. Otherwise, the pet deposit will be $400 for each pet with a two pet limit. All but $100 is refundable if there is no pet damage.
The following pets will not be accepted under any circumstances, GERMAN SHEPHERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, OR ROTWEILLERS, AKITAS, AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER, GREAT DANES, PRESA CANARIO, and WOLF HYBRIDS.
· Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application for pets. If so, you must also apply separately to such association and approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application. Residents agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the HOA and agree to pay any fines or fees accessed by the HOA for rule violations.
· Security deposits are security for faithful performance by residents of all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement and residents may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or damages, the security deposit is refundable when the resident(s) moves out of the property at the expiration of the lease term, except that $200.00 of the deposit is non‐refundable as an administrative fee to Management paid upon the closing of the lease agreement.
· Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to Management for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security deposit, security deposit insurance/co‐signers and/or additional higher rent may be required. Cosigners are accepted at the Brokers discretion only, and must meet all requirements, have full time employment, and must reside in the State of Utah.
We pride ourselves on equal opportunity housing and do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, source of income, sexual orientation, sexual identity.
To apply for one of our available properties, please click on the applicable link below...